Start building/using OpenHub framework is very easy:
download sources from GitHub or clone Git repository
- call mvn package in the project directory
deploy openhub.war to application server from module war/target
- start calling (for example by SoupUI) test web services (from module openhub-example)
- look at Admin GUI at address http://localhost:8080/openhub/web/admin/console/ (default login is webUser/webPassword)
If you want to start new project with OpenHub framework then look at How to start new project?
What next? You can
Must be called at least mvn package and not mvn compile because there are dependencies in resources between Maven modules which use maven-dependency-plugin with unpack-dependencies goal in example module.
Application is build with esb.prod Maven profile by default.
H2 DB is default database. If you want to use PostgreSQL then use esb.psSql or esb.psSql.prod profile. Example: mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -Pesb.psSql
Also there are Spring profiles to dynamically configure the application. Look at Maven and Spring for more information.
To speed up build time you can disable unit tests and JavaDoc generation: mvn install -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true
You can also disable building admin console GUI (web module) at all:
- disable specific profiles for building and cleaning GUI: mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -P'!full-build,!full-clean'
- disable default profiles mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -DskipDefault=true